Friday, January 21, 2011

Day #5

I've decided to ramp up my blogging. I've read on startingalawfirm.blogspot.com that blogging about your professional experiences may increase traffic to your website. I intend to spend 2 hours everyday blogging about my experiences and I'll try to provide insights into the struggles/tribulations of being a solo-practitioner. I know it's going to be hard work at first: there will be days where I wish I had spent the same amount of time applying for jobs, even temporary jobs to provide some sort of income. I believe the benefits of being a solo-practitioner will at least in the long run outweigh the short-term burdens.

Right now, I'm glad that my website has been indexed by google.com and yahoo.com/directory. These are small victories and the fact that my website has been indexed provides a glimmer of hope that my telephone will ring any second now. You should know that I have both my cordless telephone and cellphone next to me this very moment. 

I've read on several websites that lawyers are using the cluster method of web marketing to target a specific audience and their problems. Instead of having a domain with a generic name, insertlastname.com, some lawyers have created websites specific to one particular field of law, such as websites devoted to uncontested divorce or drunk driving offenses. This gives the lawyer more visibility on the internets and higher chance to grab clients. I'm quite interested in this marketing tool because if I play my cards right, I can have a chance to create another website specific to say, uncontested divorce and get indexed higher than my general website. I'm still debating whether I want to spend more money, especially when I only have two clients. 

There is much to work on today. I'm going to brush up on immigration law and prepare forms for incoming clients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment